- 1 C asparagus stalks
- 1 C red peppers
- 1 t olive oi
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 t fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt & pepper
- Peel asparagus if necessary. Cook stalks in steamer for 4 to 8 minutes, until fork tender. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Broil peppers on all sides until lightly scorched. Place the cooked peppers in a bag for 10 minutes.
- Remove peppers and peel the skin. Cut open the peppers and remove the stem, seeds and the white flesh. Puree peppers in food processor.
- Mix in oil, vinegar and thyme. Add more pepper if desired.
- Place asparagus on top of the pepper puree
Counts as: 1 Vegetable 1/3 Fat