Zucchini Crust for Pizza
- 3 1/2 C grated zucchini
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 C flour, or 1/3 C gluten free flour
- 1/2 C low fat mozzarella
- 1/2 C low fat parmesan
- 1 T fresh basil, or 1/2 t dry
- Sea salt and pepper
- Add sea salt to grated zucchini and let sit for 15 minutes in colander. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Combine all crust ingredients and spread into an oiled 9X13 pan. Bake 20-25 minutes until surface is dry and firm.
- Brush top with oil and broil under moderate heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Pile all your favorites pizza toppings and heat in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into 4 squares and enjoy.
1 pizza square counts as 2 dairy, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 protein, 1/4 starch
Sweet Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 2 – 6oz can reduced sodium tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t ground pepper
- 1 1/2 t Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t dried oregano, or 1 T fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/4 t sea salt
This sauce is a little thick and a touch sweet, it pairs well with spicy or ultra-savory. Mix ingredients and spread. Enjoy!
Counts as: 1/2 cup counts as 1/2 vegetable