Who likes to go out and enjoy a meal at a restaurant?
I DO! I DO!
Who has health, and fitness goals?
I DO! I DO!
Many events in our lives revolve around food. From family reunions, to weddings, and birthdays; food seems to be the central focus of gatherings between friends and loved ones.
Have no fear! Going out to a restaurant does not have to spell disaster for your weight loss goals. The following list is some tips and tricks you can use to enjoy a meal out on the town, and stay in line with your goals. Enjoy!
- Know where you’ll go – Research the restaurant you are going to, or choose where you’ll go by researching local eateries. Local and organic locations tend to have the best food choices for all!
- Check the menu – Know what you are going to order before you arrive, this way you won’t have to open the menu and be tempted by everything inside
- Have a small snack and glass of water before you leave the house – this allows you to order with your goals in mind, rather than order with your growling tummy
- Leave the chips and bread off of the table, or move them to a spot that you can’t reach them
- Split your order – asking for a to go box with your meal, and sectioning out a serving size for now and boxing the rest up for later is a sure way not to over eat
- Ask for a side of steamed veggies or salad with your meal instead of a dinner roll, baked potato, or other starchy foods
What techniques do you use to stay on top of your wellness game when you go out to eat? Comment below to share the health!
With Autumn upon us one of our favorite past times is almost here, Halloween! Let’s make this one not only a safe one, make it a family fun one too! To help ensure a successful Halloween night, please take some of these 10 helpful tips into consideration.
Go out as a family! Walk and enjoy the evening with the family. It’s the perfect season to be out together on a night on the town.
- Glow sticks or something reflective on the backs of costumes (Specially the littles’) to help make them visible to all the passer by’s.
- Put away your devices, keep your heads up and walk.
- Set the example to your kids to make eye contact with drivers before crossing the road.
- Look for groups, businesses or other organizations that put together a safe trick or treat area’s.
- Monitor candy intake, the littles’ and yourself 😛
- Hydrate, bring water bottles. Some of those costumes can heat up fast.
- Eat some healthy snacks prior to going out.
- Always double check the candy!
- Be respectful lights out, means no thank you.
Bonus Tip : Do not enter strangers houses, ever…..
Greetings every one! It’s time to meet another one of your consultants at the new well!
Today you will be meeting me; Nichole! Here are some bullet points about me:
- I am a 34 year-old native of Grants Pass, Oregon
- I am married, and have been for 11 years, to the world’s best husband; Sean
- I have 2 gorgeous children; Andrew (9 years old), and Lesley (4 years old)
- I have been a musician for 24 years
- I love Disneyland
- I love to run
- Laughter is my best medicine
Now a little wellness history! I became involved with the new well as a client in the spring of 2015. I weighed approximately 300 lbs, and was not living a healthy lifestyle. By the winter of 2015 I had lost about 50 pounds, and decided that I wanted to join the team at the new well as a Certified Wellness Consultant. After my first anniversary of getting hired on at the new well, I was promoted to Wellness Center Manager. Having the opportunity to help people shift their lives in a healthy direction is the most fulfilling “job” I have ever had. I put job in quotes because coming to work doesn’t feel like work. It is a privilege to walk in the doors of the new well every day and spend time supporting people in finding their personal wellness. My personal wellness has had it’s ups and downs, as it sometimes will, and the support I receive from my team and the clients that surround me is paramount to me picking up and continuing toward my goals!
Greetings! My name is David Holtman and being a Certified Wellness Consultant at the new well is one of the many hats I wear. I have been happily married for over 22 years and have 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 1 bunny. I was raised in Fort Worth, Texas and moved here to Grants Pass with my family in ’95, where I met the love of my life Janet. Over the years, Club Northwest has become part of our family.
I am no stranger to the new well. My wellness journey started here in 2014 after I was handed a prescription for high blood pressure medication and weighted in over 330 lb’s. I remember thinking I was too young for this and that I did this to myself. I was finally ready to be responsible for my wellness. Instead of filling that prescription I listened to Janet, whom at the time was managing the new well, and joined them as a client. I lost over 80 lb’s! I loved it so much that I ended up joining the team.
I left early of last year to pursue a newly found career. I loved what I did and at the same time, I wasn’t doing what I loved. I missed it here, there was always a part of my heart that wasn’t being fulfilled. I ended up talking to one my co-workers about the new well and when they joined, I was so happy! I would do mini well visits with her and that’s when I realized that part of my heart started to fill. I called Nichole, the manager of the new well, and I am happy to say, it’s good to be back!
A big part of my journey is helping others along their own journey. Working side by side our clients as well as my fellow Consultants. I understand the many depths of weight loss, because I too share that road with you on the road to wellness. I look forward to seeing you soon and before I go I would like to leave you with one of my favorite quotes.
“Service to others is the rent we pay for our time on our home called Earth.” ~Muhammad Ali
You may be wondering, “why is it important to have regular body compositions?” Lets take a moment and go over three reasons why. The first, is to identify and measure increased risk for serious disease related to being overweight or obese. At the new well we use the InBody570 body composition machine. The InBody gives a break down of your hydration level,skeletal muscle mass, body fat mass,percent body fat, segmental lean analysis, intracellular/extracellular water and dry lean mass.
Second, to determine your body composition measurements. Here at the new well, monthly body comps and measurements are included in your individualized program. They will be completed by your Certified Wellness Consultant. That way we can monitor your progress and success.
Third, to better assess your overall health. Weight alone can be deceiving, as someone can be slim and actually be at high risk because of other factors. By monitoring several different variables, you will be able to get a better assessment of your overall health.
Schedule your complimentary tour and body comp today! Your tomorrow will thank you for the healthy step you are taking today!
Greetings from the new well! It is a beautiful fall day here at the new well and the topics of conversation among our clients today seem to be centering around high stress levels.
As the holidays approach rapidly, ’tis the season for increasing stress. Wouldn’t it be nice to have some techniques to cope with stress and enjoy the holidays to their fullest extent? YES! Below are some basic ways to de-stress daily, and in the moment. We encourage you to try some of them and see which techniques work the best for you! What have you got to lose? Your stress and excess weight!
FUN FACT: Stress levels increase the likelihood that your body will hold on to belly fat. Yes you heard me right! Lowering your stress levels can aid in and INCREASED LOSS of belly fat, therefore aiding in weight loss.
How to de-stress:
- Daily meditation
- Concentrated breathing exercises
- Take 15 minutes just for you to relax daily
- Practice regular exercise and proper nutrition
- Find an activity that helps you connect with your inner child and LAUGH
- Call a friend or hug a loved one
- Journal daily
There are many ways that you can lower your stress levels. What do you do for you each day?
the new well team