I am too busy to have time for me
If I lose weight, I may draw attention to myself
Self care is for other people
I can’t relax, I am too stressed
WHAT IF I TRY AND FAIL?
When did wellness become a punishment? Why do we struggle to see the value in standing up and saying, “I CHOOSE ME”?
Read that sentence again.
Choosing wellness is not only a healthy boundary that benefits you, it benefits everyone around you
Picture this, –
You make it a point to take a 15 min break in the morning and afternoon to go for a walk outside.
You meal planned and have all your lunches made and now have time for a walk at lunch too.
You pencil time in your busy weekend to give your sister/therapist a call over the weekend.
You window shop at the local Saturday market and ultimately buy a random plant that reminded you of your grandmother.
You walk around the library because it is free, and books are awesome.
Your “after school activity” is meeting up with a friend or two and talk while you get your sweat on.
Now that your own “cup” is filled, how are you better adapting to being there for your loved ones? What does that do for your quality of life? How does that open the door for effective communication in communicating your needs rather than waiting for the tipping point of exploding?
You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm. You owe yourself the love that you so freely give to other people.
Who likes to go out and enjoy a meal at a restaurant?
I DO! I DO!
Who has health, and fitness goals?
I DO! I DO!
Many events in our lives revolve around food. From family reunions, to weddings, and birthdays; food seems to be the central focus of gatherings between friends and loved ones.
Have no fear! Going out to a restaurant does not have to spell disaster for your weight loss goals. The following list is some tips and tricks you can use to enjoy a meal out on the town, and stay in line with your goals. Enjoy!
- Know where you’ll go – Research the restaurant you are going to, or choose where you’ll go by researching local eateries. Local and organic locations tend to have the best food choices for all!
- Check the menu – Know what you are going to order before you arrive, this way you won’t have to open the menu and be tempted by everything inside
- Have a small snack and glass of water before you leave the house – this allows you to order with your goals in mind, rather than order with your growling tummy
- Leave the chips and bread off of the table, or move them to a spot that you can’t reach them
- Split your order – asking for a to go box with your meal, and sectioning out a serving size for now and boxing the rest up for later is a sure way not to over eat
- Ask for a side of steamed veggies or salad with your meal instead of a dinner roll, baked potato, or other starchy foods
What techniques do you use to stay on top of your wellness game when you go out to eat? Comment below to share the health!
Greetings every one! It’s time to meet another one of your consultants at the new well!
Today you will be meeting me; Nichole! Here are some bullet points about me:
- I am a 34 year-old native of Grants Pass, Oregon
- I am married, and have been for 11 years, to the world’s best husband; Sean
- I have 2 gorgeous children; Andrew (9 years old), and Lesley (4 years old)
- I have been a musician for 24 years
- I love Disneyland
- I love to run
- Laughter is my best medicine
Now a little wellness history! I became involved with the new well as a client in the spring of 2015. I weighed approximately 300 lbs, and was not living a healthy lifestyle. By the winter of 2015 I had lost about 50 pounds, and decided that I wanted to join the team at the new well as a Certified Wellness Consultant. After my first anniversary of getting hired on at the new well, I was promoted to Wellness Center Manager. Having the opportunity to help people shift their lives in a healthy direction is the most fulfilling “job” I have ever had. I put job in quotes because coming to work doesn’t feel like work. It is a privilege to walk in the doors of the new well every day and spend time supporting people in finding their personal wellness. My personal wellness has had it’s ups and downs, as it sometimes will, and the support I receive from my team and the clients that surround me is paramount to me picking up and continuing toward my goals!
Greetings! My name is David Holtman and being a Certified Wellness Consultant at the new well is one of the many hats I wear. I have been happily married for over 22 years and have 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 1 bunny. I was raised in Fort Worth, Texas and moved here to Grants Pass with my family in ’95, where I met the love of my life Janet. Over the years, Club Northwest has become part of our family.
I am no stranger to the new well. My wellness journey started here in 2014 after I was handed a prescription for high blood pressure medication and weighted in over 330 lb’s. I remember thinking I was too young for this and that I did this to myself. I was finally ready to be responsible for my wellness. Instead of filling that prescription I listened to Janet, whom at the time was managing the new well, and joined them as a client. I lost over 80 lb’s! I loved it so much that I ended up joining the team.
I left early of last year to pursue a newly found career. I loved what I did and at the same time, I wasn’t doing what I loved. I missed it here, there was always a part of my heart that wasn’t being fulfilled. I ended up talking to one my co-workers about the new well and when they joined, I was so happy! I would do mini well visits with her and that’s when I realized that part of my heart started to fill. I called Nichole, the manager of the new well, and I am happy to say, it’s good to be back!
A big part of my journey is helping others along their own journey. Working side by side our clients as well as my fellow Consultants. I understand the many depths of weight loss, because I too share that road with you on the road to wellness. I look forward to seeing you soon and before I go I would like to leave you with one of my favorite quotes.
“Service to others is the rent we pay for our time on our home called Earth.” ~Muhammad Ali
Here at the new well we are making big changes! One of those changes is that we are moving into a time where we carry only organic Wellbar protein bars.
Here are some key reasons why:
- Supporting local business is important to us!
- Green’s Gourmet Goodies is a business located right here in the Rogue Valley. From start to finish, owner/operator Cheryl is our go to gal!
- Wellbars are of high quality all natural ingredients!
- All organic and all natural
- GMO free
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Preservative free
- No added sugar!
- We love you!
- At the new well we love our clients, guests, and every member of our community. Offering you a top quality, whole food snack option that your whole family can enjoy is something we take pride in!
Haven’t tried a Wellbar yet? Don’t miss out any longer, come down to the new well and Club Northwest today to grab a snack and enjoy today!
Yes, the new well is a weight loss and wellness program and we teach this all year, but in January we will be paying extra attention to planning your whole year and our classes will all be structured around this. Some other things that fall under this category are:
- How to set goals and keep them
- What does it mean to be a good support system? (Bring your spouse or others you would like to support you.)
- How to plan and prep meals in advance
- What kind of exercise should I be doing to reach my goals?
- How do I fit it all in my schedule?
- And much more!
On January 21st at 6 pm at the Club Northwest in Grants Pass, we will provide the tools you need to succeed, not only in your weight loss journey, but your overall wellness. Dinner will be provided, we will be serving plan compliant Chili!!! You are more than welcome to bring a healthy dish to share (and the recipe) if you would like. For more information or if you would like your name to be put on the list of attendees , please contact the new well at 541-471-2224.