- 12 oz chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
- ¼ t sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can low sodium diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 C baby spinach
- 2 C sliced mushrooms
- 2oz low fat parmesan cheese, grated
- Cooking spray
Makes 2 servings. Each serving counts as: 1 protein, 1 dairy, 2 Vegetable
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place it over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the chicken and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it’s no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken to a plate, covering to keep it warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and stir. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Sprinkle with the cheese just before serving.